Benefits of CGEF Membership
The full networking benefits of membership have been constrained in the last 2-3 years due to the pandemic but we see CGEF being able to return to a full program in 2023 that will also include Webinars and special meetings with government officials from countries looking to attract investors.
The current network luncheon schedule is anticipated as follows for the first half of 2023:
We anticipate an additional 3 lunches in the second half of the year, typically September, November and December.
All networking lunches will be held at the Calgary Petroleum Club with a format that promotes opportunities for peer to peer networking, member and sponsor company presentations and interactions with government officials from other companies as well as our Alberta and Canadian Trade Representatives.
We are expecting to hold our annual conference on the Monday, June 12th immediately prior to the Global Energy Show scheduled for June 13th -15th, 2023 in Calgary which will highlight some of the success stories of Canadian companies working abroad as well as other areas of interest to our members such as finance, government relations, "New Energy" businesses, ESG and clean-tech.
CGEF's Board and various Committees are diligently working to continue providing services and support to our members and sponsors through:
- Web-hosted seminars, some of which may be focused on best practices that member companies have employed to “transition to net zero”; how to now reap the benefits of higher commodity prices and the introduction/presentation of various countries seeking to attract Canadian energy companies investment in their country's respective energy industry.
- Representation at international conferences
- Subsidized opportunities for member company representatives to attend international conferences
As CGEF is planning to have a full slate of activities for 2023, we have attached an invoice for this year's membership. Membership fees support attendance at CGEF lunches and conferences. As a member, your company gets free admission to both along with other benefits outlined below. It would be greatly appreciated if you could submit payment of the fees within the next 30 days which will assist your Board of Directors and Advisors to plan CGEF finances for this year.
Nominations for Directors and Advisors for CGEF's Board of Directors:
CGEF is actively looking for member companies to nominate candidates for Directors and Advisors to the Board. It is a great way to get members of your staff exposed to a wider networking circle whilst gaining valuable Board experience. If you have candidates, please forward their names and CV's to email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are interested in people of all ages and backgrounds with the main criteria being an interest in the principles of CGEF and an enthusiastic interest in contributing their skills and energy where needed.
Business as Usual Benefits:
CGEF plans to return to providing full services to our members in 2023 as follows:
- High-level networking opportunities
- 6 CGEF Luncheon Meetings per year - 2 complementary invites/lunch to each Corporate Member
- CGEF Annual Conference - 1 complementary registration
- Reduced rates for additional attendees at luncheons, conferences, and other events
- The opportunity to receive financial support to attend international conferences that CGEF will be attending throughout the year.
- Invitations to all CGEF hosted and co-hosted international and domestic events, including one-off breakfast and social reception events, and webcasts
- Access to "Members Area" on CGEF Website with presentation materials from the recent "GO" (Global Opportunities) Wrap-up event, recent conferences, energy investment opportunities; luncheons webinars, webcasts and other events
- Global Connections with government agencies, state energy companies and international scout groups
- Optional promotion of your company and related investment opportunities at events, on the CGEF website and in CGEF marketing materials
Our annual fee schedule is as follows:
$2000 for companies producing >1000boepd
$1500 for companies producing < 1000boepd
$1000 for international (not Canada based) companies
We have specific Membership, Affiliation and Sponsorship Packages for International Members, Advisory Members and Individual Members as well as Sponsors and Affiliates. Please contact email@example.com to discuss non-standard membership options, and firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss sponsorship options.